APR logo

Artists’ Papers Register

A location register of the papers of artists, designers and craftspeople held in publicly accessible collections in the United Kingdom and Ireland

    Home & Search | About the Register | Partners &  Acknowledgements | Links | Help | Contacts

     Artists' Papers Register Person Authority Record     

      GB/NNAF/P700010
Wyatville, Sir Jeffry (1766-1840) Knight

Gender: Male

Other names
Wyatt, Jeffry (Alternative name)

Functions, occupations and activities
Architect; worked with his uncle James Wyatt (1792-1799); began practice independently (1799). Exhibited at Royal Academy (from 1786); became RA (1826). Executed additions to Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge (1821-1832), and transformation of Windsor Castle (from 1824), when his name was augmented to Wyatville, knighted (1828).

Thesaurus
ARCHITECTS

Relationships
Family relationship with Wyatt, Benjamin (1744-1818)
Uncle

Family relationship with Wyatt, Lewis William (1777-1853)
Cousin

Family relationship with Wyatt, Samuel (1737-1807)
Uncle

Family relationship with Wyatt, Matthew Cotes (1777-1862)
Cousin

Family relationship with Wyatt, James (1746-1813)
Uncle

Family relationship with Wyatt, Benjamin Dean (1775-1852)
Cousin


Archival Resources
Number noted: 13

Bills and papers (1 vol) regarding repair of Chesterfield House, Mayfair, with preface describing administrative arrangements and letter to the Earl of Chesterfield, both signed by Wyatville, 1811-1813
Held at: Guildhall Library
Document reference: MS 3070A

Correspondence (part of collection) with Maria Hackett, concerning her antiquarian interests,
Held at: Guildhall Library
Document reference: MS 10189/2, 3

Banner Cross building accounts and correspondence, 1817-21
Held at: Manchester University: John Rylands Library

Designs for Kelmarsh Rectory, 1815
Held at: Northamptonshire Record Office
Document reference: 206-9

Plans and papers relating to Cadland, 1836-38
Held at: Private

Miscellaneous papers relating to House of Commons, 1833
Held at: Royal Institute of British Architects Library
Document reference: WyFam/2/1

Papers (10 items) relating to the redesign of the House of Commons, Palace of Westminster (in Wyatt Family papers), 1833
Held at: Royal Institute of British Architects Library
Document reference: WyFam/2/1

Certificate of election to the Royal Society, 1830
Held at: Royal Society
Document reference: EC/1830/28
Comments: Transcription available through online catalogue

Plans for alterations to Teddesley Hall, 1818
Held at: Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Archive Service: Staffordshire Record Office
Document reference: D5036

Letters to J King etc, 1823-29
Held at: The National Archives: Public Record Office
Other information: Ex inf EJ Priestley 3 Sept 1974 (Crown Estate Office)

His report for James Wyatt on roof at west end of Westminster Abbey and on prebends' houses, 1797
Held at: Westminster Abbey Muniment Room and Library
Document reference: 65495B
Comments: Access by appointment

Papers related to, in connection with fittings at the coronation of George IV, c 1825 -1828
Held at: Westminster Abbey Muniment Room and Library
Document reference: 51424-31
Comments: Access by appointment

Printed notice that John Armstrong has taken him into partnership (after his 14 years with Samuel and James Wyatt), 1798
Held at: Westminster Abbey Muniment Room and Library
Document reference: 65518D
Comments: Access by appointment


Date of creation: 28 November 2002, 15:03:17